Thursday, November 28, 2013

strangers we met, friends we became!



" There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met"

                                                                                                                  - William Butler Yeats



Strangers we met, friends we became, this was a statement, I first heard from my father, a long time ago, when he was describing his farewell day in college. I was always in awe of this statement, it speaks volumes about how we become friends, it just describes our lives so immaculately with great brevity and precision. These are the relationships we build with our effort, we invest our time, our love and carve out strong bonds that sometimes last a lifetime. One unique thing about friendship is that most of the times, we all start as total strangers.

I just finished engineering and lot of my very dear friends have all gone places, I badly miss them and try very hard to keep in touch with them through calls and emails etc.

But the wonderful thing about friendship is that there are always new friends to come and more bonds to forge. Life is never short of people to become friends with.

Just a couple of days ago, I was lucky to become friends with a charming and interesting person.

About three days ago, I was coming home in my office bus, and the window beside me was wide open, making me a little uncomfortable and I wanted to close it, fortunately or unfortunately I had to ask the person sitting infront of me to do that for me, since I couldn't do it myself. When I asked, she immediately did so with a sweet smile, I thanked her and there began our casual conversation, after formal introductions, we realised that we both were new to our organisation and I came to know that even she was in her training period.

The next day we met again briefly in the office and quickly made up a plan to go a place called " Hari Sandwich", which she badly wanted to go as she had heard from her friends that this was the place that served the most yummiest sandwiches in town. I was a frequent visitor to the place during college days and I just loved the sandwiches they served there.

After getting down the bus, we decided to take a walk, the sandwich place being a flat twenty minute walk from the point we got down the bus. During our to and fro walk, we had a very thought provoking conversation on a lot of topics. We shared our personal lives, our story so far, from total strangers a day ago, we were talking to each other as if we knew each other for ages. Finally, after loading ourselves with sandwiches, chat and juice, we headed to the place where she was put up and then bid goodbye. 


We'd both forged a new bond of friendship, I'd a great evening and I think she did too, what truly happened was,  " Strangers we met and friends we became ".

If I hadn't started that conversation, I probably would have missed out on this new friend, so whenever you get an opportunity, talk to people and make new friends.

Cheers my new found friend.  Hope our friendships burgeons.

This is Vattam signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Face Unlock - A gimmick or a Boon

2018 began with me gifting myself a luxury, I bought the Oneplus 5T and I had to say it was a much-needed upgrade from my previous Lenovo V...