Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How one man's cleverneess, made lives of VTU Students Stress Free!


For those of you who have done their Engineering under VTU, you all know the fact that the most horrific thing about this university is viewing the results. We all have to sit in front of the computer and log on to the website and enter out University Seat Number and keep pressing the “F5” button to know whether our results are out. To describe the whole experience, it's like a coma patient who could die anytime. One guy from BMS college of engineering, ended all our woes and found an awesome solution. Here's how he did it. Let's refer him by the name “Mr Geek”.

During his third year of Engineering, Mr Geek fed up of the result woes, decided to write a piece of code which would check the result page and refresh it by itself and notify him when the results are out. It was a simple thing but it had a clear cut sign of ingenuity. He was a hostelite and this news about his masterful invention spread like wild fire in the hostel. During the time of the result, “Mr Geek's” room would be flooded with other students waiting to find out their results.

Everytime, the results were out, people would flood “Mr Geek's” hostel room and his phone would be buzzing every second with calls and texts from everyone. This was literally a pain in the a**, so he decided to take it to the next level and making this idea into a full fledged website which would help people in reducing the anxiety and also relieve him from dealing with a flooded room :P. He came up with this site, http://vtu.shaan7.info/, where you click on the link, enter your University Seat number and your mail id, you get your results as soon as the results are out directly to your mail id. It worked great!

During the time of my results, I was not in station, but I had access to the internet via my smartphone. I was on my way back to Bangalore, me and my friends had been to coorg. While we were returning back, everyone around were hooked onto their phones, constantly checking if the results were out or not. I was a little nervous too. But, luckily thanks to “Mr Geek”, I had subscribed to the above mentioned link and I knew that as soon the result would be out, I would get a mail. The digital watch indicated it was 7 PM and we were almost nearing bangalore, I got a beep on my phone and I checked out what it was. The phone told me I had received a mail, I opened the mail there were the whole list of marks, the class I had obtained. I was happy to see the results and I was happy to know that “Mr Geek's” inventions worked flawlessly, I shouted to my friends, “Guys Results are out!”, they all started checking out the website, which would take an eternity to load, while I sat there and enjoyed the music that played on my headphones. Mr Geek was the hero of the day for me, he made my life more Liveable and Enjoyable and most of all “anxiety free”. I went home and forwarded the mail to Mr Geek and as a mark of thanking him, liked his page,
and shared it on my wall,

If you are interested in taking a look at how to do it, check out the link

Mr Geek is my long time KDE friend, Shantanu Tushar, his blog roll

So, the next time you want view your results stress free, you all know what to do, just register at the linkhttp://vtu.shaan7.info/ and stay stress free during results and of course do like its page on FB,


Thanks Shantanu, we owe you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Face Unlock - A gimmick or a Boon

2018 began with me gifting myself a luxury, I bought the Oneplus 5T and I had to say it was a much-needed upgrade from my previous Lenovo V...