Sunday, February 2, 2014

Athiti Devo Bhava

Personally, I've always liked the statement 'Athiti Devo Bhava',  which means Guest is God. There are very restaurants/hotels which actually follow that. It was only in Rajdhani, I truly experienced 'Athiti Devo Bhava'

It was my mom's birthday that day, I was calling my friend to find out which restaurant would be apt for the occasion. I brought a few names and he brought a few names and finally he said go to Rajdhani!

I further inquired about the restaurant and he said you just go there and you'll experience a great dining experience. I was happy with that answer and told my parents, that we'd be going to Rajdhani. They were okay with that.

It was about 8 kilometers from our house. All three of us hitchhiked to the place. Then on, the whole experience was not short of wonderful.

As soon as we stepped in, the manager of the hotel greeted us with a big smile. Further, he took us to our table, before which another gentleman came and put tilaks on our forehead.

Next came the best part, the folks there, put huge plates with partitions infront of us. The waiters all came in the next half an hour with loads and loads of dishes. They all had one thing in common, they were all serving with a huge smile and they were serving us with a lot of warmth and care. For the first time ever in a restaurant, a server insisted I have a second serving when I didn't want to eat. I found it fascinating, this place gave me a homely feeling. The folks there were never tired of serving us.

I have never been interested in running a restaurant, but if I ever decide to, I would definitely take a thing or two from them.

This place not only served great food, it also gave the customers the chance to experience the Rajasthani culture, it combined great food, great hospitality and a chance to experience their culture.

Thanks Rajdhani for a great experience, keep up the spirit of Athiti Devo Bhava

2 comments:

  1. They are so confident of their quality that they (at least used to) let anyone go into their kitchen to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I didn't know that :P I'll surely check out the next time I go there!

    ReplyDelete

Face Unlock - A gimmick or a Boon

2018 began with me gifting myself a luxury, I bought the Oneplus 5T and I had to say it was a much-needed upgrade from my previous Lenovo V...